Wolf Howl is a Mastodon instance which particularly caters to members of the alterhuman community, including, but not limited to: otherkin, fictionkin, therians, vampires, plural systems, furries, and the other hearted.
Mastodon is an open-source federated social networking platform. This means that users of Wolf Howl can interact with users of other social networking sites powered using similar technology. The interface is very similar to Twitter and other micro-blogging services. However, unlike Twitter, we allow 500-character awoos (instead of tweets), advanced privacy options are supported as well.
Code Of Conduct
- All content that is considered NSFW (Not Safe for Work) should be hidden behind a CW (Content Warning). If it's not something that could reasonably be talked about or shown freely in an average company's break room, it's probably best to tag it.
- Content that a reasonable person would consider controversial or upsetting should also be hidden behind a CW (Content Warning). Wolf Howl does its best not to censor speech, but we expect our users to be respectful to each other and everyone in the fediverse when it comes to the awoos they release into the world.
- When interacting with somebody from another instance, please be respectful of both that user and that instance's space.
- Unsolicited advertising, spam, and similar content is not welcome here.
- Please be respectful to your fellow users, and users within the fediverse.
- The following types of content will be removed from our public timeline:
- Advertisements or spam of any kind.
- Automated postings from robots such as news bots.
- Untagged nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions.
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions.
- The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Content which aims to discriminate, incite harassment against, or uspet people based on their: race, nationality, sex, sexuality, gender identity, gender expression, disabilities, genetics, or other factors that they cannot control.
- Content which aims to proselytize, convert, evangelize, peddle, or preach with the intention of converting followers to a particular religion, sect, spirituality, or way of life.
- Misleading or deceptive content.
- The following types of content are explicitly forbidden, and will result in immediate revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children, including cartoons, "cub art", lolicon, and others.
- Content which is illegal in the United States of America.
- Content which is intentionally inflamatory to the niche groups our instance aims to serve.
- Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from using the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also forbidden, and subject to disiplinary action including but not limited to, revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
We disclose our federation blacklist to registered Wolf Howl users only. Please login and refresh this page if you are unable to view the list below. Thank you!