We are aware of a Denial of Service attack against our servers.
At this time, we believe that this is in-fact a targeted attack against our services. Please be aware: a Denial of Service attack involves overburdening a service so that it cannot take requests – it does not result in data loss or breaches of privacy.
At the time of writing, service is currently available, but it will likely be in and out while we ride out and attempt to mitigate this attack. Thank you for understanding,
10. Follow the direction of our staff team. Wolf Howl staff are here to keep the server safe. They will not steer you wrong when it comes to account safety and security.
Thank you for listening! Keep on howling!
7. Don't share your Wolf Howl account with anybody. Do not login using your credentials anywhere else but wolfhowl.me - staff will never ask for your password!
8. Ensure that any device you use is properly secured. You should probably use an anti-virus program of some type, and ensure that you don't engage in any risky behavior online. If your device gets compromised, your online accounts can be as well.
4. Associate your Kinmunity account. If you're on KM, go to your profile and and edit it.You will notice an "Affiliated Accounts" section. Enter your Wolf Howl username there without the @ symbol in front. (Go to http://bit.ly/kmsets and click the "Edit Profile" link on the right.)
Then, Go to your Wolf Howl profile and under profile metadata, enter "Kinmunity" as the title and a link to your Kinmunity proflile as the value. (http://bit.ly/whprofedit)
Congrats! You're linked!
3. Associate your Keybase account. If you've got Keybase, open up the app and go to your profile. Click the button labeled "Add more identities" and then search for wolfhowl.me; select it and then follow the instructions. A linked Keybase account makes it easier for staff to recover your Wolf Howl account if it is ever compromised.
1. Use a secure password. This is a password that is eight characters or more, difficult to guess, and uses a combination of: letters, numbers, and symbols.
2. Enable two-factor authentication. Got a phone? You can use it to make sure that nobody gets into your precious Wolf Howl account! Visit https://bit.ly/wolf2fa to set it up!
The "local" timeline shows awoos from members of wolfhowl.me, rather than all users across all instances of the fediverse.
- You might recognize people, feel free to say hi to them!
- You might find people you don't yet know, that's cool too! Find an interesting conversation and contribute to it.
- If you're feeling brave, checkout the federated timeline. This will display awoos from the entire known universe.
We are aware that some older accounts within the fediverse have been recently compromised by spam bots randomly attempting to use credentials obtained in various high profile data breaches. While Wolf Howl itself is not a target of the breach, it may result in our users seeing more spam awoos than normal.
If you encounter spam awoos while using Wolf Howl, please report them. Compromised accounts will be silenced by our staff until they are recovered by the rightful account holder.
This account is maintained by the staff team of the Wolf Howl Mastodon instance for the purpose of communicating official news and announcements to its users.
Wolf Howl is a mastodon instance which particularly caters to members of the alterhuman community, including, but not limited to: otherkin, fictionkin, therians, vampires, plural systems, furries, and the other hearted.