1. Use a secure password. This is a password that is eight characters or more, difficult to guess, and uses a combination of: letters, numbers, and symbols.
2. Enable two-factor authentication. Got a phone? You can use it to make sure that nobody gets into your precious Wolf Howl account! Visit https://bit.ly/wolf2fa to set it up!
3. Associate your Keybase account. If you've got Keybase, open up the app and go to your profile. Click the button labeled "Add more identities" and then search for wolfhowl.me; select it and then follow the instructions. A linked Keybase account makes it easier for staff to recover your Wolf Howl account if it is ever compromised.
4. Associate your Kinmunity account. If you're on KM, go to your profile and and edit it.You will notice an "Affiliated Accounts" section. Enter your Wolf Howl username there without the @ symbol in front. (Go to http://bit.ly/kmsets and click the "Edit Profile" link on the right.)
Then, Go to your Wolf Howl profile and under profile metadata, enter "Kinmunity" as the title and a link to your Kinmunity proflile as the value. (http://bit.ly/whprofedit)
Congrats! You're linked!
7. Don't share your Wolf Howl account with anybody. Do not login using your credentials anywhere else but wolfhowl.me - staff will never ask for your password!
8. Ensure that any device you use is properly secured. You should probably use an anti-virus program of some type, and ensure that you don't engage in any risky behavior online. If your device gets compromised, your online accounts can be as well.
10. Follow the direction of our staff team. Wolf Howl staff are here to keep the server safe. They will not steer you wrong when it comes to account safety and security.
Thank you for listening! Keep on howling!
Wolf Howl is a mastodon instance which particularly caters to members of the alterhuman community, including, but not limited to: otherkin, fictionkin, therians, vampires, plural systems, furries, and the other hearted.